Get ready to add some patriotic flair to your dessert table with these vanilla cupcakes topped with Red, White and Blue sprinkles! These delightful treats are the epitome of summer celebrations, combining our moist and fluffy vanilla cake with Milk Chocolate Muddy Bites. Whether you're hosting a big backyard barbecue or simply enjoying a festive gathering with loved ones, these cupcakes are guaranteed to make your Fourth of July celebration extra special. So grab your apron and let's get baking!
For the cupcakes you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
For the frosting you’ll need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Red white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grab a cupcake pan and fill with your favorite liners.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a large sized bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the water to the batter and mix on low speed until it’s well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners half way and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until fully cooked in the middle.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the butter in a large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix well.