Bite-sized bliss meets pumpkin pie perfection! Picture this: a scrumptious whole pumpkin pie transformed into a parade of petite, pumpkin-packed delights, each a mouthwatering bite of fall. We're talking about mini pumpkin pies, redefining dessert with a little help from a trusty cookie cutter. But we're not stopping there – these delectable treats are crowned with a cloud of whipped cream, and for the ultimate twist, Muddy Bites.
Ingredients for the Pie Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree (or homemade pumpkin puree)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk or heavy cream
Instructions for the Pie Crust:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Instructions for the Pumpkin Filling:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves), and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add them to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the evaporated milk or heavy cream and mix until the filling is well combined.
Assemble the Pie:
- Roll out the chilled pie crust on a floured surface to fit a 9-inch pie dish. Carefully transfer the crust to the pie dish, and trim any excess crust from the edges.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the pie crust.
Bake the Pie:
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for 40-50 minutes or until the filling is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If the edges of the crust start to brown too quickly, you can cover them with aluminum foil or a pie crust shield to prevent over-browning.
- Once done, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Use circular cookie cutters to cut out pieces of the pie. Top with whipped cream and Muddy Bites and enjoy!
Have fun and enjoy!